“Sex is an emotion in motion.” -Mae West
What do we talk about in sex therapy?
In counseling, we can discuss healthy relationships, navigating fluid consent, gender and sexuality (both intimacy/sex-wise and affectional/sexual orientation-wise).
Some specific issues I have experience treating:
- Low libido or low desire
- Feelings of sexual inadequacy
- Anxiety and/or fear around certain sex acts or sex/intimacy in general
- Premature ejaculation or low sexual stamina
- Overcoming personal hang-ups or trauma
- Communication about sexuality, orgasm, etc. with a partner
- How fertility issues, miscarriage and/or pregnancy can affect sex life
- Navigating non-monogamous, alternative or poly relationships
- Boundaries and consent issues
- Kink and BDSM
This will always be done in a judgment-free, kink-aware and poly-friendly setting. For a more detailed answer to “What is sex therapy?”, check out my blog post on it.
Will I be accepted or judged for my fantasies, desires or sexual interests?
You will be accepted fully no matter what your sexual interests are. I help individuals explore their inner (relationship with themselves) and outer (relationships with others, if applicable) sex life. I don’t believe in pathologizing sexual diversity and believe your truth is yours alone, whether you choose to tell others or not. I have experience working with kinky and asexual individuals and the potential challenges of navigating boundaries and communication around this.
Will there be nudity, physical contact or physical intimacy in session?
Please note there will be no nudity, sexual arousing acts or physical contact in session.
If you are interested in sex/intimacy counseling for yourself or for gathering information for someone else, call, email or hit the button below to schedule a free 20-minute phone consultation or a session: